I consider myself a spatial orientation fanatic, always aligning invisible lines. I'm also a little on the obsessive side of whitespace. But my passion ultimately lies in creating things that work well, are fun to use, and (of course) look great.
Design is everything
I started my business in the mid-90s working with natural and organic product manufacturers and retailers, providing clients with a full range of design services including website development, design and strategy, creative direction, marketing collateral (both digital and print), package design, identity development, quality-assurance and project management.
Prior to that, I worked for many years in sales, marketing and design for an international trade journal covering the natural and organic products industry.
The key to my success has been working with authenticity, integrity, and good communication—essential aspects to healthy and sustainable business partnerships.
Although I've had a life-long love affair with the ocean, I've been courting the Rocky Mountains since 1991, and live just outside of Boulder, CO with my husband and son.
Skills & Tools
Balancing beauty, innovation, and usability is an essential part of my work.
My approach focuses on clean, modern, and professional design executions, taking projects from concept ideation to product rollout.
- Independent self-starter that also thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Own the user experience, design, front-end implementation, and QA for simultaneous projects from ideation to execution and maintenance.
- Obsessively detail-oriented.
- Strong quality assurance, organizational, project- and time-management skills.
- Creative and analytical.
- Staying current on processes, trends, and best practices for both user experience design and front-end development.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and apply emerging technologies, software, and processes.
- Ability to initiate, and implement process change within team structures for better communication and efficiency.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Easily transform complex ideas into clean, easy-to-understand interfaces and visuals.
- Constant advocacy for the user.
- Constant advocacy for UX within the slow-to-adopt enterprise environment.
With over 20 years of design and development experience, I help digital teams build faster.
Lead UXD / Front-end designer and developer
2019 - present
The Boeing Company, Englewood, CO
Help create enterprise design system and component library for digital products across multiple portfolios.
Act as mentor and guide others to adopt and utilize product design standards.
In S.A.F.e. environments, support both design and development teams by acting as a liaison between the two disciplines, fostering better team communication.
In addition to focused items above, day-to-day duties involve UI, UX, FED design for enterprise-level web applications and mobile apps. Design, produce, and execute assets, as well as create responsive front-end code for digital applications. Initiate discovery meetingsand interviews to determine project requirements, priorities, user needs, and business goals. Produce deliverables for wireframes, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, user flows, site taxonomies, design elements, specifications, and style guides. Ensure brand and technical consistency across various media channels. Work closely with back-end developers to ensure complex requirements integrate with design specifications.
UX Specialist / Front-end Designer and Developer
2018 - 2019
Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc., A Boeing Company, Englewood, CO
UX, UI, IxD, Responsive web design (RWD), and front-end design and development for enterprise-level web apps. Design and code UI functional prototypes based on user feedback. Effectively communicate interaction and design to stakeholders and cross-functional team members as well as for developer handoff. Translate business requirements into elegant and intuitive solutions while balancing user needs with business goals and technological constraints. Continuously contribute to establishing collaboration, consistency among products, and a strong design culture.
Senior Digital Experience Designer
2015 - 2019
Collective Goods, Louisville, CO
UI, UX, IxD, visual design, RWD and development for enterprise-level web applications and mobile apps, as well as corporate and intranet websites. Created mockups, wireframes, prototypes, and customer journey maps, and organized and implemented surveys for user feedback. Refined brand and technical consistency across various media channels. Collaborated with stakeholders and back-end developers to ensure complex requirements integrated with design specifications.
1997 - 2015
Kellie Greene Design, Inc., Erie, CO and Kaneohe, HI
Interactive and visual design business translating B2B and B2C brands across various media, uniting touch points for consistent, enjoyable customer experiences.
Clients were assisted with a full range creative services, including branding, marketing, advertising, website design and development, package design, among others.
- Managed projects from concept ideation to product rollout.
- Successfully launched and/or improved 160+ websites
- 100% of new business based on referrals, with a high level of client retention—many relationships lasting for more than a decade.
- 10+ years as a design consultant for two Silicon Valley branding and communications firms.
2014 - 2015
Energy Central, Denver, CO
- Wordpress custom design and code to reflect unique brand elements for 4 websites.
- Creative direction for brand development and design for all printed marketing collateral, advertising, trade show signage and materials.
- Management of contractors.
VISUAL DESIGNER, FRONT-END DESIGNer AND DEVELOper
1999 - 2000
Ohana Foundation for Higher Education, Inc., Honolulu, HI
- Designed visual assets and developed front-end code for educational DVDs.